Pages

Friday 31 May 2013

Separation Anxiety?

Separation anxiety.... for the parents?!

So the grandparents call and ask if they can have the kids for a sleepover and you, as the parent, think... well... maybe.... but your not over the moon about it?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?

Almost all the parents I know would be over the moon to have an evening and half the next day to themselves. So why do I feel so lost without the noise, the fighting, the shear craziness? Because I also miss the kisses and hugs, the story time, the snuggles.

I know that it's important for them to have some "special grandparent time".... and they LOVE it! So do my parents. I just have a hard time letting go.

My kids have only ever had a sleepover with Grandma and Papa - and even that is only occasionally. Perhaps as they get older I'll feel more at ease with it... but at 6, 4 and 2.... well.... I just really miss them.

Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I just crazy?

What's your first reaction when sleepovers are requested? 

How old were your kids when they had their first sleepover?




No comments:

Post a Comment